Friday, April 5, 2013

Delusions.

If you recognize that something is a delusion - is it still a delusion?

I know it is a delusion because it is illogical, but I cannot help but believe it. Because it is true - I am sure of it.

I have no brain.

Sometimes this fact bothers me more than others - sometimes it causes a great deal of anxiety. Most of the time it does not affect me at all. Basically my skull is hollow but for a membrane attached to the inside walls. There are points along the membrane and these points transfer electrical impulses between each other across the void. Sometimes I can feel it happening, and it feels and sounds like static.

A drawing I did of my brain and stomach.
I once had an EEG done, and they found some abnormalities which may or may not have been caused by the medication I was on. I am getting an MRI done of my "brain" within the next year before I can be diagnosed with tourettes (as the as tourettes is diagnosed through the elimination of other causes), and I am going to request that I see the results. If I do see a brain there, I'm not sure how I will feel - or even if I will be able to believe it. I haven't been able to for maybe five years now.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I just wanted to say that I like your A to Z so far, so I’ve nominated you for a special A to Z challenger award. http://chloeaevm.wordpress.com/my-first-award-take-a-gander/

    ReplyDelete